Neck and Shoulder Pain!
When it comes to living with neck and shoulder pain, most people have this question:
“Why is this happening to me?”...
“Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain after dealing with it for 6 months - sometimes more?”...
Most people think that when they get neck or shoulder pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time at our facility is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor gives them a steroid shot and tells them to rest and “see how it goes” - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be told they need another shot.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a neck problem - but it’s actually your shoulder where the problem is? It’s a very confusing part of the body to work out exactly where the issue is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their neck and shoulder pain. Even worse, many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck And Or Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who prescribed you an injection and told you to rest but the injection did nothing to help, and as soon as it wore off neck and shoulder pain struck again
- 3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets neck and shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. You seeked help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- 5. You’ve tried using things like ice/heat or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better long term
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your neck or shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
- 7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
Have any of these happened to you? We would love to help you by inviting you to a call to speak with one of our Physical Therapists to find out what we can do to help YOU. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things, means that we know what doesn’t work, and are now closer to finding what DOES. Click the link below to jump on a call with us if you would like to get some expert advice:
One of the most common questions we get all the time is this:
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- 1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still dealing with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it's gotten worse
- 2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, improve your range of motion quickly and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- 3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions - ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting in front of the computer, felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would beneficial if you were given corrective strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you back to being active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- 4. Get real, “hands-on” treatments - Physical therapy is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at Fit Club it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulder, if it stops you from working out and staying active, or if it gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how our team at Fit Club can help you live with less neck or shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics in Chelsea, Manhattan or Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
How can choosing to see a Physical Therapist at Fit Club, help you get rid of Neck and/or Shoulder pain?
- We can quickly reduce the pain and stiffness - often within just a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder/neck pain once and for all - many times inside 20 minutes
- Pain can drain you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take painkillers
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has taken from you...
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at Fit Club can help you get back to living an active and healthy lifestyle free from daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain