If you have knee problems, they’re painful or they ache - it’s very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with exercise”, it’s just “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it’ll go away on its own.
You can’t quite point your finger on why you’re feeling the pain in your knees - but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, knee pain is one of the most common problems that we see at our facilities in Chelsea Manhattan and Greenpoint Brooklyn.
When it comes to living with knee pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
“Why is This Happening to Me?”... or, “Why am I still suffering with Knee pain that keeps getting worse after dealing with it for 6 months - sometimes more?”...
Most people think that when they have knee pain, it’ll eventually “wear off” and go away on it’s own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, knee pain will be gone... But then 6 months later you’re still living with the discomfort - often even worse than it was when it started.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time at our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and the well-meaning Doctor prescribes them a steroid shot and “rest”, and “come back in 6 weeks if it’s not better” - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given ANOTHER injection that only mask's the pain.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
You most likely are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have to rest because you’ve been told walking makes knee pain worse, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It’s very confusing to know exactly what to do - and that’s just to avoid making knee pain worse!
And because of this confusion - people tend to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their knee pain. Even worse, many people just end up accepting it as “part of life” - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who prescribed you a cortisone injection and rest - but the injection did nothing to help, all it did was ‘mask’ the pain - and as soon as it wore off knee pain came back strong
- 3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets knee pain as they start working out, so you just accepted it
- 4. You seeked help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- 5. You’ve tried using things like knee braces/supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any less
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still bothers you on a daily basis
- 7. You tried a few exercises from Youtube and Instagram - but they felt painful when you did them, and did nothing to ease the pain
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists at our Chelsea Manhattan or Greenpoint Brooklyn Clinics to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GREAT THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to hop on a call with us if you would like to get some expert advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Knee Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
- 1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still dealing with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse
- 2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the correct exercises given to you at the correct time by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- 3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions - the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit for long periods of time starring at a computer screen or phone. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, un-natural positions - which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would be beneficial if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, combined with hands-on treatment, designed to keep you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- 4. Get real, “hands-on” treatments - Physical Therapy is proven to help people with knee pain. In fact at Fit Club it’s one of the most common issues we see our clients living with. If your knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from attending exercise classes, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the active life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at Fit Club (Clinics in Chelsea Manhattan and Greenpoint Brooklyn) can help you live with less knee pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free discovery visit at one of our clinics:
This Discovery visit is something that we offer to people who are very cautious or sceptical about Physical Therapy; unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a discovery session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Fit Club Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your knee pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can drain you of energy and limit your ability to be your typical active self - we can help you live with more energy each day to do the things you love
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all those painkillers
- We can help you get through the day without having to rely on wearing a knee brace to help ease the pain
- We can help you avoid knee surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that knee pain has taken from you...
- We can help you to finally return to walking up and down the subway stairs, and getting out and about without dull, aching knee pain stopping you in your tracks
- Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at Fit Club can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic knee pain